Friday, January 11, 2008

Where to begin

Welcome

Well my story started back in 2005 when in January I lost my Mum to Cancer. This was one of the worst days of my life as my Mum was so special still cant understand why she had to die.

I then had to struggle on and deal with the huge hole that left when out of the blue 3 months later to the day my Dad arrived at our house and said I have met an amazing lady. As you would understand I well we were gobsmacked and we were not happy.

A week later after alot of pressure to meet her which I refused to do he announced that he was moving in with her and they were getting engaged. Wow I could not believe it. I still would not meet her and did not go to the big family (on her side) engagement party. Then came a time for other reasons that i will not go into when I relented and met them for a coffee at a very public cafe. She seemed nice.

I have got to know this lady well now and she is lovely and it was not a personal thing just the timing was so wrong but looking back now I see that it was meant to be. In August 2005 I felt there was a problem so went after much objection from the medical people for a mammogramme and found I had a grade 3 invasive cancer. Wow could things get any worse.

I then went through the long process of a mastectomy and chemo and 3 lots of surgery for reconstruction which I might add I wish I had never done as it looks revolting. During this process of the chemo and all the steroids drugs etc I managed to gain 18kg and I was already overweight when I started. Hense where I am at now almost 2 years later i have decided to start my new life.

No comments: